I won’t be spoiling things too much if I remind you that 42 is the answer to everything, including love, life and the universe. I miss Adams on the planet. So this is sort of a tribute, but not nearly as funny. But then it wasn’t meant to be.
These are titles, or writing prompts or ideas for blogs about writing. Who know, however. You might find a few that spark ideas in other directions.
- What’s on your desk?
- Where do you write?
- What do you use to write? Desk top? Laptop? Pen and Paper? Something else?
- Fiction or Non? Or both?
- What about Poetry
- Your online reputation
- Who inspires you?
- What inspires you?
- Where do you go for inspiration?
- Where do you get your ideas?
- How do you get started writing?
- How did you get started writing?
- What keeps you writing?
- A day in your life as a writer
- How did you make the break from part time to full time writing?
- What was your first published piece about and how did it come to be?
- What was your first paid piece and how did that happen?
- What do you tell people who say “Oh wow! You’re a writer!”
- When did you first think you might like to be a writer?
- When did you get serious about becoming or being a writer?
- What do you wish someone had told you about writing before you started?
- What would you like to tell new writers?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Which of your posts do you like the best?
- Which of your posts do you consider the most helpful?
- Which have been your most popular posts?
- How to approach research
- What to do when you get stuck on a writing project
- What three people, living or dead, would you most like to interview?
- How has/does social media impact your writing?
- What do you wish you’d already written?
- What’s your most important ‘why’ for writing?
- What’s your favorite quote about writing?
- List your 3 favorite writing blogs and say why you like them?
- List 3 blogs you read pretty much daily and tell why you like them?
- What software bests supports your writing?
- How to find time to write
- How to find time to write part time
- How much can you write in a day?
- How much can you write in a day – day after day?
- If you couldn’t be a writer what would you like to do?
- What is your favorite book about writing?
There’s something nifty about occasionally making a list like this. It feels like I’ve accomplished something.
A list is a good way to generate ideas for blogs about writing and it’s also a good way to break up any sort of resistance I have to writing. Fortunately, a list can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
What kinds of lists do you like to make?
Did you know that you can get my ebook, 3 Keys to Making Your Writing Pay yet? You will when you subscribe to the newsletter – both at no cost to you.
Write well and often,