I know. I’m the one who tells you over and over again that finding ideas isn’t the problem, polishing them is. So I’ll blame it on a headache, or my recent bout of flu or… well I don’t know what. But I sat here with nary a decent idea in my head.
I looked over my idea file and didn’t like anything I found there. I peaked in the drafts – articles I’ve started but not yet finished. Nothing appealed.
So I googled up what should I blog about today and found Chris Brogan’s delightful 100 Blog Topics I Hope YOU Write. And there it is, number 40 – 10 Guilty Pleasures.
So here are my 10 – and in truth I don’t feel very guilty about any of them.
- Afternoon naps. Love naps.
- Thrillers. Particularly political thrillers.
- Taking in cats. If MzTiz would let me I’d probably have a dozen or more. She won’t, so I’ve compromised and am now taking care of the community canyon cat.
- Really good coffee.
- Owning and using an espresso machine. It’s a luxury that’s probably saved me tens of thousands of dollars over time, and over various machines.
- Buying new pens. I love a package of new pens – even when I don’t need pens.
- New notebook. What is it about a brand new notebook with pristine pages?
- Paper organizers. I mean the kind that promise to get your whole live organized. Mine have to be paper, not virtual. And preferably leather bound.
- Solitaire on my iPad. I really like just sitting in the evening and playing a dozen or so hands. Of course, I also like the Angry Birds games.
- Train trips. I love going anywhere any time on a train. Things to look at, room to get up and walk around. Even a snack car. What’s not to love?
Now it’s your turn. What are your guilty pleasures?
Image from http://www.sxc.hu