Is social media driving you crazy? It’s making me slightly nuts.
A friend sent me an invite to Spokeo – which apparently is a meta social media engine of some sort.
The thought of a meta social media platform exhausts me.
Then there’s Twitter… how in the world can you follow hundreds or thousands of people? I can’t.
So here are some blogs that may help sort me, and possibly you, out when it comes to social media:
- Even Carmichael, who blogs to small business, had gathered together The Top 50 Social Media Blogs Of The Year. The few I’ve looked at seem quite helpful… but 50? Sigh.
- About Online Marketing Blog has an article called Facebook & Blog Promotion. This article tells you how to maximize your marketing using Facebook as an example. This kind of effort, which would take a whole bunch of time, is what I suspect many mean when they talk about using social media to market. Not at all sure I’m up for this.
- Pandemic Labs brings some sanity to all this with their Viral Dictionary. They also have a blog called Context over Dogma – I like it. I’m going to add this one to my feed reader ’cause I suspect it’s really good.
- Problogger has put together Using Social Media Sites to Grow Your Blog’s Traffic. Even if you don’t have a blog, working your way through even part of this list will clarify much about social media.
- Finally, Business Week has a series of articles and multi-media presentations called How Executives Should by Using Social Media. There are both pros and cons here.
Whew – that’s only five items, but probably 75 things to read or more – so pick and choose. If you find one particularly helpful, come back and tell us about it.
Do you have a favorite source of good info about Social Media? Tell us about it.
Image from http://www.sxc.hu