[tuesday]Every freelancer gets into negotiations with clients at some point. Just stating your hourly rate is actually the beginning of a negotiation. It may end there when the client accepts or rejects your rate, but it’s a start.
Here are some blogs that may give you useful insights into the art of negotiation:
- The 25% Challenge: Become a Negotiation Ninja – the first of an excellent series at FreelanceSwitch.
- How to Negotiate like an Indian — 7 Rules – My first reaction to the title was concern about racism, but Tim Ferriss is talking about negotiating in India and it’s a fascinating look at a society that expects to bargain. Food for thought here about our own negotiations for sure.
- Why women need to think big when it comes to money! Sorry guys, although you can learn from this too. Kathy Kaplon gives excellent insight into the mindset needed for successful negotiations.
- The Art of Freelance Fee Negotiations – an excellent short post on the topic on a site I’m going to spend some more time on.
- Negotiation And Freelance Writers – An Art – an article I wrote on the topic.
Do you have a favorite resource for negotiation? Share it with us.