[tuesday]I took some time off late last week and it worked. I came back to the computer refreshed and creative again.
So I thought blogs about why we need time off might be helpful. I’m surprised there aren’t more of them. However, consider:
- Meryl K. Evens, the Content Maven has a good article called 10 Tasks to Prepare for Time Off. It’s aimed at only a few days, but the tips there could serve for longer vacations as well.
- Startup Nation, a blog that says it’s founded by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, has two categories that seem to fit. The first is Taking Time Off, the second is Work-Life Balance. I found even more helpful articles doing a search on time off.
- Europe’s Solution: Take More Time Off is the title of an article on the New York Times blog and it points to a variety of articles. This series is aimed at helping solve some of the economic crises. Who knew?
- Truth In Medicine spells out The Value of Time Off.
- Refueling the jets… Learning to Value Time Off is an article by Darren Hardy, the publisher and editorial director of SUCCESS magazine. I was surprised to realize he’s drawing from Workaholics Anonymous, an excellent resource for many.
- Yoga Journal has a lovely article called The Value of Taking a Break.
So take a break!
Seriously, how often do you take time off?