[tuesday]Pay is always a huge topic among freelance writers and editors. Which isn’t too different from folks who have regular jobs come to think about it. Here are some blogs about freelance pay that you may find interesting and even helpful:
- Will Clients really pay Upfront? A good overview.
- Paid to Tweet – How Much Should You Charge? Getting paid to tweet is a new thought for me. Jennifer Mattern doesn’t know either, but proposes $1 a word. I just looked at my tweets – 5-20 words. I guess a buck a word might be okay if I could do a bunch in one sitting.
- When is a Freelance Writing Gig Really a Gig? Not exactly pay, but a worthy post that will help you from being disappointed all the time.
- Do Newspapers and Magazines Really Pay By the Inch? As Allena says, it doesn’t happen often any more but you should know what it means just in case.
- Freelance Writing Fees: How Much Will You Charge for Your Writing? As usual, Angela Booth gives great advice.
- Setting Writer Rates: It Costs Money To Make Money Written several years ago, the Men With Pens point out what not to leave out when you’re setting your pay rate.