[tuesday]Yesterday’s post about a trick I learned with Word got me to wondering what else might be out there. Here are some of the better resources I found:
Tricks for Word 2003
- 10 obscure Word tricks that can expedite common chores from Tech Republic is amazing. For instance, did you know you can get back to your last edit if you press Shift F5 when you open the document? I didn’t. There are some other gems there as well.
- Microsoft Word 2003 over at Tips for Word Processing has a list of tricks. Most you probably know but take a quick look to see if there’s something helpful.
- Make Long Manuscripts Work For You – my own article on the subject. Suspect it will work just as well for Word 2007.
Tricks for Word 2007
I’m not yet using Word 2007, although some of my clients are. Sometimes I can’t read their documents unless they save it in 2003 format, sometimes that doesn’t seem necessary. Here’s what I found:
- 10 Microsoft Word 2007 Hack & Tricks – looks good, including How to Open and Create Word 2007 Files in Earlier Versions of MS Word. I love it when folks figure out how to add something that should have been a part of the original product.
- Microsoft Word 2007 Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials – over at About.com. Lots there that doesn’t interest me, some that would.
- Tips & Tricks: Microsoft Word 2007 is a not quite 4 minute video with some tricks and tips.