Words! They’re our stock and trade as well as the way we communicate with ourselves and each other throughout the day. Here are some blogs that are about words, their origin and the way we use them:
- A Way With Words – actually a weekly radio broadcast you can also listen to via the web when you choose. The hosts are knowledgeable, respond to questions and generally demystify language.
- The Lexicographer’s Rules – writer, editor and radio Grant Barrett explores language at the edge – fun and challenging.
- WordSpy – Paul McFedries finds and defines mostly new words that are just entering the mainstream.
- World Wide Words – Michael Quinon’s talks about the international use of English from a Brit’s perspective.
- Wordsmith.org – here, on this minimalist site you’ll find links to Word.A.Day: the Wordlovers’ Library Project, the Internet Anagram Server, and more.
Image from http://www.sxc.hu