If you follow the industry you know classic book publishing is suffering terribly. The recession has only made it worse. Will publising get a bail out? Probably not, and it probably shouldn’t.
Here are five blogs about the current state of book publishing:
- Well known agent Richard Curtis writing on The Writers Edge talks about what’s really wrong in the publising industry in Behind Publishing’s Wednesday of the Long Knives.
- Implicit in publishing’s problems are solutions offered by technology. Joe Wikert’s Kindleville Blog points to an interview with Ian Freed, Amazon’s VP for Kindle on TechFlash.
- Stephen Jayson Harris wonders why Publishers, Agents Report Sharp Increase in “Unpublishable” Submissions.
- MediaBistro’s GallyCat blog has a short and intersting post called: Re-Mixing the Publishing Model
- Ernst-Jan Pfauth, editor in chief talks about hot Author Paulo Coelho supports piracy: “share to get revenue”
Image from http://www.sxc.hu