TPTB (The Powers That Be) have finally announced we’re in a recession. What took ’em so long is what I want to know. Be that as it may, many freelance writers have bought into the fear around economic bad times.
An approach that works better for me than fear is faith. I find meditation and prayer helps me remember the true Source of my income and let’s me work toward being of maximum service to my clients and others.
Here are some blogs that help me ground when I’m in fear. Plus, they offer some really practical advice:
- Out of the Blog, Into the Light – Catherine Franz has a ton of ways to promote your blog, your writing and you’re self.
- Lori Widmar has a practical article called More Cash Cows which has abundant links to other good resources.
- The Wealthy Freelancer asks: Do You Live in a World of Abundance or Scarcity?
- Liz Straus tells us: What I Remembered after a Rocky Day
- Peter Bowerman has a guest article called: Why 2008 Has Been a Good Year For Me, and How Every Year Can Be Good For You… – read it closely, it’s about starting a conversation with potential clients.