Ye Gods it’s already Tuesday – how did that happen? Sigh. I vaguely remember when time seemed to drag, back when I was a kid. Now that I’m older (a lot older if the truth be told) time flies. In fact, the older I get the faster it seems to go.
Anyway, from my new office, here are five articles I think you’ll find valuable. I know I do:
- Freelance Writing: Make Blogging Work for You – no, I haven’t done all of these, but I do have a website in my name (www.annewayman.com) that I might eventually change to a blog. Her comments on social media are helpful too. I twitter and have accounts at some of the others. Social media is largely still a mystery to me.
- Write to Answer a Question – Paulette Ensign, the Booklet Queen is talking about booklet writing, but this advice works for most non-fiction.
- 5 Things About Freelance Writing Jobs I Wish I Knew When I Was Starting Out – to which I’d add a 6th – I had no idea how important the business things would be, like bookkeeping, invoicing, paying taxes, marketing, etc. etc. etc. Easily a full third of my time.
- What Grocery Stores Teach You About Free Content – Amen!
- Writing Lessons from the Side of the Road – and I thought I was the only one!
Image from http://www.sxc.hu; Photo by Kriss Szkurlatowski