Here are the links to books and products I’ve reviewed and recommend for freelance writers. I’ve read each book, some multiple times, and used each product. If you don’t have these, at least consider them carefully. Oh, and yes, these are affiliate links – if you buy from my links I’ll earn a small commission.
Books freelance writers must have:
- Writer’s Market Deluxe Edition 2016: The Most Trusted Guide to Getting Published – Serious freelancers often buy this annually because there are enough changes to make it worthwhile.
- APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book – so far the best book on self-publishing and marketing… skip the tech stuff until you need it.
- The Slight Edge – A book that will help you become more effective and successful
- The 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp for Freelance Writers – Let Jenn Mattern teach you how to market yourself and your writing in 30 days! Promise.
- Intelligent Productivity for Freelance Writers – by John Soares, a truly productive writer who shares his methods in this ebook.
- Marketing 365: Daily Strategies for Entrepreneurs and Small Business – by Lori Widmer, a successful freelance writer – you could do worse than do one each day for a year.
- The Well-Fed Writer: Financial Self-Sufficiency as a Commercial Freelancer in Six Months or Less – Peter Bowerman’s classic – a step by step to earning real money writing for corporate and business clients, including how to find them.
- The Well-Fed Self-Publisher: How to Turn One Book into a Full-Time Living – in this excellent book, Peter Bowerman shows you how he’s made a nice living with self-publishing.
- 1001 Ways to Market Your Books: For Authors and Publishers, 6th Edition – – yes, there are at least 1001 ways to market your book, for both the self-published and trade published.
- Plug Your Book!: Online Book Marketing for Authors – Basic and worth it.
- Bird by Bird : Some Instructions on Writing and Life – the charming book about freelance writing by Anne Lamott
- The Soul of Money: Reclaiming the Wealth of Our Inner Resources – this book will transform your relationship with money.
Software and other geeky stuff for freelance writers
- Grammarly – you can check some text for free – it’s a stickler – at least as bad as any English teacher you’ve known.
- Brilliant Anti Virus Software for Writers – protect your computers against virus and phishing attacks.
- The iPad As A Freelance Writer’s Tool –
- Are You Backed Up? Off Site?
- Do Writers Need An Autoresponder?
- Scribe SEO Bandwagon Can Improve Your Writing
If you’ve got a product, service or book that helps freelance writers you’d like me to review, contact me by email and I’ll probably agree.
[sig]Image from http://www.sxc.hu