Let Anne Coach YOU!
Frustrated with your writing?
Confused about what to do next?
Wishing you had some help building your writing business?
Working with a writing coach or mentor may be just what you need.
We can work together so your writing works and so you work your writing well.
I’ve been successfully freelancing for well over thirty years now. I’ve written books for myself and others. I’ve written articles for trade magazines, consumer magazines and websites. I’ve added online writing to my repertoire, realizing that the web is just another publishing tool.
You are the expert on your own life and writing
Writing and running a writing business are both learnable skills. A writing coach or mentor can help you dig deep to find the skills you already have and help you polish them so you move toward achieving your dreams. A coach provides both information based on experience and an accountability framework so you know where you’re heading and how you’re going to get there.
Coaching can solve these problems and more:
- Is marketing your worst nightmare? Let me demystify it for you so you can market yourself and your writing with confidence.
(Anne), working with you gave me the confidence to marke myself knowing I really can deliver first-class work. Laura S.
- Do you have questions about getting started on and following through on a big writing project? My coaching and mentoring services can help.
- Have an idea you’d just like to brainstorm with a professional writer? I’m a professional writer as well as a coach and mentor.
- Need to bounce some business ideas off someone who has been successful in her own writing business for ages? A conversation or two with me may be just what you and your business need to make it to the next level.
- Do you want information on finding markets, either locally or in the trade? Let me coach and mentor you so you can find the markets you need.
Anne, Thanks for encouraging me to write the book I thought I could not put into words. Your writing, editing, paraphrasing, and inspiration kept me moving forward when I felt I could no longer continue. I am amazed at your ability to re-work my scrambled thoughts and put them into legible, somewhat coherent sentences! With deep appreciation for the support, dedication, and countless hours of editing! Much love and respect, Sheri
- Do you need some motivation? And maybe some specific direction and a path to follow? As your coach and mentor, I’m your cheering squad. I’ll applaud and provide the swift, but gentle kick in the behind we all need from time-to-time.
- Would it be helpful to check in on a regular schedule with someone who knows the business and can help you make sure you’re on purpose? I can provide that in a supportive way that will help your writing as well as your to-do list.
- Do you want some help getting clear on your purpose? We can do some Visioning and goal setting so you know where you’re going.
- Would you like to be accountable to someone? I support writers in doing what they really want to do, to overcome self-imposed obstacles and other blocks in a supportive way over the phone.
Or maybe you simply want to talk with another professional. I know the feeling and make talking with other pros part of my week.
How It Works:
It works exactly the way YOU want it to work. Here are some possibilities:
The I’ve written a query – will you look at it? option
Sure, as long as you’re in no rush, I’ll take a look at your no more than two- page query, make some suggestions and email it back – usually a couple of days to turn it around. And yes, I’ll look at it a second time after you make the changes. $75.00
(Remember) the query letter you helped me with? I (got) a response from an editor who said, “It was probably the best query letter I’ve ever read.” ES
The I’m stuck-and-my deadline-is-looming phone call:
Email me your query, press release, short article, etc., (2,000 word or less). We’ll arrange a phone call at our mutual convenience and I’ll help you get it sorted out, usually in 72 hours or less. (If it’s a longer piece email me and we’ll discuss the rates.) $150.00
The I want some ongoing help series:
Four 30 minute phone calls a month that will:
- Clarify what you’re doing.
- Generate mutually agreed on assignments
- Give you unlimited email support between phone calls.
- An additional hour which could be me reading and commenting on manuscript (not editing – that’s different, additional phone conversations or a combination – you get to choose.
All to be completed within 30 days – in other words: Three hours: $450.00 (Additional time billed at $150 an hour.)
I don’t see what I need here!
No problem! Email or call me and we’ll talk about it. I’m willing to design exactly the type of mentoring you need, and there are lots of ways to get it done. If you email and I don’t get back to you in 24 hours it’s probably because you ended up in spam. Please put Coaching in the subject line or call me.
Do you need a ghostwriter?
I ghostwrite, mostly books, but can do serious articles or blog posts too. Instead of hourly I like to work out a flat fee for these service – that way you don’t pay for the mistakes I make, and I don’t get shorted because I have an inspiration in the shower. Email or give me a call and we’ll talk about your project.
Over a five week period of time I would meet with Anne once a week. Each week she would give us her writing based on the conversation we had the previous week. Each week I marveled at her result. The only thing I could think of saying was, ”did you write that or did I? That was exactly what I wanted to say”; and she said it better than I could have said it. THANK YOU!!!”
The Knowledge University
I’ve got questions!
Of course you do. Send an email, or give me a call and we’ll talk. If you email and I don’t get back to you in 24 hours it’s probably because you ended up in spam. Please put Coaching Question(s) in the subject line or call me.
Whatever we decide to do, I promise to be prepared, give you 100% uninterrupted time, be economical with your time and provide any appropriate supplemental information (where appropriate). In short, I’ll make sure you get your money’s worth.
How Do I pay you?
The easiest is PayPal. Just choose the service you want with from the drop down menu. You don’t need a PayPal account, just a credit or debit card to use this service. Query Review, I’m Stuck and Three Sessions are listed in the drop down menu. If we agree on something else, which often happens, I can send you an invoice so you can pay through PayPal.
I also accept checks drawn on U.S. banks and can also provide a different credit card setup if you prefer – just ask.
You can also send me a check. My address is 3331B Menlo Ave., San Diego, CA 92105
How can I call you?
It’s easy – 619 450-4333 – and don’t hesitate to leave a message. I turn my phone clear off often.
What’s your email address?
It’s [email protected] and remember to put coaching in the subject line please.
The article, Yes, A Writing Coach Can Help, may be of interest.
Write well and often,