Do You Track Your Time?

Office Time which makes a time tracking app is running their annual survey about Time Tracking. I’m posting the link to their survey because tracking my time works for me as long as I don’t go crazy and they’ll share the results with us when the survey is done.

Tracey April 10, 2012 at 7:01 pm

No, I don’t report hours because I don’t get paid by the hour. My pay is based on the original length of the manuscript that I have to edit–half up front and half when I’m done.

annew April 11, 2012 at 6:50 am

Makes sense, unless you want to track just for your own knowledge.

Sarah Reece April 10, 2012 at 1:01 am

Yes I do track time both for myself (can get really swayed into reading online. Big time Blog Foodie) & a couple of virtual assistants I hire from Philippines. Will take the survey tonight.
Sarah Reece recently posted..Bluehost DiscountMy Profile

annew April 11, 2012 at 11:21 am

I get sandbagged by politics ;)

Cathy Miller April 9, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I’m only tracking my time for a client I have a retainer with. It’s just for me (I’m not reporting hours). I never did a retainer before and want to see how my estimates measure up against reality. But, I’ll go take the survey. Thanks, Anne.
Cathy Miller recently posted..Solid Business Writing Lessons From Ice Road TruckersMy Profile

annew April 10, 2012 at 8:09 am

Sounds like a good reason… I find I know how much time many writing and other things I do take, and sometimes I’l surprised.

Sharon Hurley Hall April 9, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I used that tool for a while, so I’ll go check out the survey. Thanks, Anne.
Sharon Hurley Hall recently posted..My Blogging Adventures 2012My Profile

annew April 10, 2012 at 8:08 am

I use toggl.com now… it’s so easy just to open the web page and enter my stuff.

Kumar November 21, 2012 at 10:02 am

We use Replicon employee time tracking software for time tracking.