Freelance Writing Jobs – The CraigsList Group

Lots of writers disdain Craigslist as a source of good freelance writing jobs. While I’ll agree there are lots of writing jobs there that are awful, there are enough gems to make a quick look regularly worth the effort.

You won’t find links to writing jobs here for every city that Craigslist lists – these are the ones that, over time, I found the most productive. You can find every city that the site covers at: http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

Note: CraigsList defaults to no pay, so read the ad before you discard it – lots so labeled do pay after all. Finally, take time to make use of CraigsList’s reporting function (upper right of your screen) when you run into scams etc. It truly helps.

Atlanta writing/editing – telecommute

Seattle writing/editing - telecommute
Seattle writing for pay
San Francisco Bay Area writing/editing – telecommute
San Francisco Bay Area writing for pay
Washington DC writing/editing – telecommute
Washington DC writing for pay

Let me know what works for you with Craigslist – contact me.

Meredith Morckel September 5, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Thanks so much for creating this! I recently started making my own list but – hallelujah – here’s somebody who already did the work for me :)

Anne Wayman September 5, 2014 at 3:52 pm

You’re welcome!

Liz January 31, 2012 at 11:06 am

Thanks for making these available. I agree with you that CL sometimes has surprisingly good leads, as long as you know how to recognize the scams and the junk. I wonder if you could explain in an article (or maybe you have already and I haven’t seen it?) how to set up this kind of CL quick search for other categories of work? I am a consultant as well as a freelance writer and if there’s a shorter method than clicking from one CL city to another to another I’ve love to learn it.

annew January 31, 2012 at 11:57 am

Look in the Freelance Writing Jobs Category… let me know if you don’t find what you want – http://www.aboutfreelancewriting.com/category/freelance-writing-jobs-job-baord/

Nicky Parry September 27, 2011 at 10:47 am

I agree, Anne, Craigslist can be such a great place to check out, provided you are savvy enough to not be taken for a ride. And not spend hours going through worthless ads. I always check my local site, doesn’t take me more than a few minutes every couple of days. I just scan through for anything that catches my eye. I actually found a semi-decent paying gig there earlier this year which has brought me repeat work from a nice client who appreciates my efforts. I like that.
Nicky Parry recently posted..Check Your SkinMy Profile

Bill Swan September 19, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Hopefully people can find a few good gigs out there. After awhile you begin to spot the scam ads before you even read half way through.

Anne September 21, 2011 at 11:56 am

Bill, add comment luv to your blog and it will display the last article which I happen to know is about spotting job scams.

Bill Swan September 22, 2011 at 10:14 am

Actually I do, it just didn’t show up on that reply. And I just did a post on how to flag ads on Craigslist should you find a scam.
Bill Swan recently posted..How to Flag an Ad on CraigslistMy Profile

Anne September 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Commentluv is showing up now ;) And thanks for the info on flagging.

Carol Wiley September 19, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Thanks for the resource. The Dallas link isn’t working.
Carol Wiley recently posted..Book Review: Personal Development for Smart PeopleMy Profile

Anne September 21, 2011 at 11:55 am

Wonder what happened… the Dallas for pay link is now working, thanks Carol.

Incidentally, I can’t off hand remember the right login for your blog so I didn’t leave a comment.