Halloween is anything but my favorite celebration, mostly because trick or treat drives me nuts. I’m the Grinch of Halloween, much more interested in the Day of the Dead or the idea of a harvest season.
None-the-less, here are some blogs about how to write horror and the like:
- Jonathan Maberry’s Big, Scary Blog seems to be mostly about horror writing. Interesting piece today about horror.
- Writing Prompts and Story Starters – search on scary for several horror prompts.
- WOW aka Women On Writing has an article called: What Makes a Story Scary?
- The Horror Blog defines itself as …dedicated to delivering only the finest in scary tidbits and chilling punditry from around the internet and beyond.
- Benjamin Solah says he’s a Marxist Horror Writer. Might be an interesting combo, or not.
And yes, there is the Horror Writers Association.
Write well and often,
Image from http://www.sxc.hu