I rarely attempt fiction, and so far, it’s always been an attempt. I have trouble plotting and get snarled up and give it up. That said, I still have fantasies of a detective or thriller book with this sexy, older, feminine heroine. With that in mind, here are some blogs dedicated to writing fiction that look helpful to me.
- Writing Fiction - Crawford Kilian who also blogs at Writing For the Web – I can quickly get lost reading Writing Fiction, lost in a good way. Kilian is honest and opinionated and often we agree. He writes all sorts of blogs. I subscribed to this one. (See RSS for Writers to understand subscribing to blogs.)
- Advanced Fiction Writing Blog – contracted as a co-author for the upcoming Fiction Writing For Dummies, Randy Ingermanson seems to know what he’s talking about. And I love his humor. I may join him in his plan for world domination. I’ve subscribed to this blog too.
- Writing Fiction Right by novelist Gail Gaymyer Martin who writes Christian romance. With over 3 million books sold she knows what she’s talking about at least in that genre.
- Fiction Writing ~ The Passionate Journey! Writing coach and well-published author Emily Hanlon, her blog covers a wide range of topics for those who want to write fiction.
- Ginny’s Fiction Writing Blog is an About.com blog written by Ginny Wiehardt who is both an editor and teacher. Helpful story starters and other regular features, and a decent forum make this a good bet for beginning fiction writers.
Do you have a favorite blog about fiction writing? Or write one yourself? Tell us about it.