Your Blog on the Kindle

in Blogs, Etc. Helpful Freelance Writers

I’ve just been given another excuse to invest in Amazon’s Kindle – the slick ebook reader. Joel Williams, over at Blog Tech Guy posted an article called How To Publish Your Blog On The Amazon Kindle.

Did you know you could do that? I didn’t. Joel tells you where and how to sign up. I did it and the preview looks good.

I also read the agreement – well, I scrolled down to the rights section and they are acceptable to me. Suggest if you sign up you read them on your own.

Now, do I expect to make money on this? Not much, if any. And I suspect other readers will let you download feeds for free, eventually. Or maybe they do now, I’m not sure.

It’s a whole new thought to me.

What do you think? Would you read blogs on an ebook reader? I might.

Ramona January 23, 2013 at 5:51 am

I don’t know much about these things, but since we can read emails on our Kindle Fires, anyone subscribing to blogs by email already has that service. I haven’t looked into the Amazon service, but I really don’t see an advantage over email RSS subscriptions. Nothing that I might be willing to pay for, anyway.

Maybe I’m missing something?
Ramona recently posted..On this Second Inauguration: Our Chance to Hope AgainMy Profile

annew January 23, 2013 at 7:27 am

If you’re missing something so am I Ramona… I put my blog on Kindle… but I don’t know why someone would buy it when they get it for free.

Cyrano August 12, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Anne: I’m curious, so I will check it out. However, I’m not really looking to publish or make $$$. I follow blogs I can learn from on topics such as writing, media, politics, technology, et al. And my own blog is simply for the sake of self-expression or just to capture slices of life and the impressions they make.

Cyrano August 11, 2009 at 2:21 am

Not only would I read blogs on Kindle, I ALREADY DO.
On my Kindle 2 I have 2 magazines, 10 books and 15 blogs I follow. And it’s the blogs I read most. I find using the Kindle an easy way to keep up with all the topics I enjoy while I’m on the go. It’s especially handy whenever I’m waiting– at the post office, in a doctor’s office, at the airport, etc.

Anne August 11, 2009 at 3:04 pm

wonder if this blog is available there yet… I did sign up… off to check…. well look at that http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KW4VN8 you can have me on the kindle for a buck ninety-nine. I think I get 1/3 of that or something. There is a 14 day free trial… got to get me a kindle ;)

Do you think you’ll subscribe to this one Cyrano? If not, why not… really curious… don’t have a clue about this market yet.

Ramona January 22, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I can get my own blog on my Kindle, and I’m assuming I can get most others. Why would I want to pay $1.99 for someone’s blog? I don’t understand the concept. Sorry.

annew January 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I’ve not figured out the why either, Ramona. I don’t think anyone’s bought mine yet.