Here’s a selection of blogs that explore ways to improve your writing:
- Roger C. Parker who blogs at Published and Profitable pointed to Mary Jaksch‘s article over at CopyBlogger called 73 Ways to Become a Better Writer. It’s a formidable list of simple things you can do to improve your writing. My personal favorite is Read, think, read, write, ponder, write – and read some more although I was tempted by several others.
- Mary’s article points to a much shorter list at CopyBlogger called 10 Steps To Becoming a Better Writer by Brian Clark. It’s also an excellent list.
- Something called the Food Blogging Alliance has a nifty article called 11 Tips to Improve Your Blog Writing. It’s written by Garrett McCord who blogs about food at Vanilla Garlic. I love that name, Vanilla Garlic.
- Darren Rowse of ProBlogger wrote How to Use a Magazine to Improve Your Blog. This works at least two ways. It lets you target that particular magazine for your own submissions, and the more reading any writer does, the better. I’d add to Darren’s article pay attention to the ads – they tell you a great deal about the target reader.
- Ten Quick Tips to Improve Your Writing – Better Words, Sentences … by Richard Nordquist at About.com.
- 50 Free Resources That Will Improve Your Writing Skills by Vitaly Friedman at Smashing Magazine. Yep, 50!
I’d add to this that reading – books, blogs, magazines, even the backs of milk cartons will help you absorb better writing.
Do you have a favorite resource along these lines? Tell us about it.