This is one way to do an invoice. It’s simple to do, looks decent and it works; I know because this is the form I use to bill my writing clients.
When you invoice for your freelance writing and/or editing you want to inclue:
- The complete contact information for the person/company you’re billing
- Your complete contact information
- Enough detail so the person you’re billing recognizes what was done
- The total due and instructions on how to get the money to you.
To: Client name
From: Your Name
(add any special instructions,like make check payable to or your paypal address)
Thanks so much
Proof it, mail it, and log it in so you know when payment is due.
- Make up a blank invoice and save it. When it’s time to invoice open that file and use save as with your client’s name, then just fill it in and you’re all set. I include the date sent in the file name.
- Make a note in your calendar about when you expect to receive payment… that way, if it doesn’t come, you can take action to collect.
Write well and often,